PhD in Management Admission
The Ph.D. program in Management is very demanding and extremely selective.
The Department Graduate Committee (DGC) determines the admission based on the following criteria:
- First Degree in Management or related functional areas (marketing management, human resources management, operations management, purchasing and supply chain management, or business administration) from a recognized university.
- Second Degree in Management or Business Administration (including MBA in Finance) or related function areas (marketing management, human resources management, operations management, or purchasing and supply chain management) from a recognized university.
- With a minimum CGPA of 3.00
- At least two years teaching experience at a university level after second degree
- Passing of entrance exam to be administered by the Department of Management or a minimum of 600 GMAT score (The test must be taken within the past five years) and
- Evidence of English proficiency. For non-native English speakers or for those who have not possessed their degrees from Ethiopia, a TOEFL score obtained within the last two years or a document certifying that the medium of instruction of the universities they got their degrees from (both their first and second degree) was English during their time of study.
- Statement of Purpose (a statement of personal goals and research interests).
Interview of applicants who met the above criteria may be conducted (during which they present their statement of purpose) to make final admission decision.